Monday, February 13, 2012

NYFW: Jason Wu F/W 2012

As I mentioned last week, I was in New York for the beginning of fashion week featuring fall/winter 2012 ready-to-wear. This week, I will be sprinkling in some posts featuring my favorite designers' shows (you can see all the collections at Style.com). Don't worry though, I will still have my regular photography posts, too! 

In this collection, Jason Wu explored "What is Chinese?" While I was not as drawn to his red/black pieces that came across rather costume-y, his military green sportswear, fur, and glamourous Qing Dynasty embroidery are chic and beautiful.

If you must wear a puffer jacket, this is the one to have.

And in keeping with that trend, I'm not a cape kind of gal, but this one brings all black to bold, feminine, and strong.

This gorgeousness could not have been as flawlessly executed on a thinner woman. Here, Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel lends curves to the cinched-waist evening gown.
Love it. Love her.

All photos from Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment