Saturday, February 18, 2012

NYFW: Favorite Looks!

As I mentioned last week, I was in New York for the beginning of fashion week featuring fall/winter 2012 ready-to-wear. This week, I will be sprinkling in some posts featuring my favorite designers' shows (you can see all the collections at Style.com). Don't worry though, I will still have my regular photography posts, too! 

Now that fashion week has ended, I'm doing a quick recap of some of the other designers' looks that surprised me or caught my eye for the Fall. I'm sad it's all over, but I think it might be time for me to get back to my day job. So, with that, here we go with Christian Siriano: where shoes mirrored lips (cute!). Subdued, simple looks. Audrey reminiscent at left?
Rebecca Minkoff's color palette! Love jewel tones.. and of course, we get those pops of orange.
Tommy Hilfiger made me pine for New England and "riding"
The one look from Ralph Lauren that I could get behind was this deep velvet. Blending menswear+sultry:
 Zac Posen's drama meets architectural evening gowns:
Though Lela Rose certainly continued the mustard/orange trend in sportswear, but this delicate dress was my favorite from her collection:
These two from Carolina Herrera were perfect.
Smooth silhouettes from Billy Reid:
Dennis Basso was the king of fur (left) and Opulence was the theme from Marchesa (right):
Vivienne Tam whisked me away with her to Shangri-la. One of the few designers who convinced me to follow (ready-to-wear) fashion into the realm of fantasy.
L'Wren Scott pumped up interest while still presenting clothes that real women will wear.
 
 
Which brings us to a close with Nanette Lepore's girly fun:
 
And that's a wrap, folks! See you again for Spring/Summer 2013!!


All photos from Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment