Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NYFW: Diane Von Furstenberg F/W 2012

As I mentioned last week, I was in New York for the beginning of fashion week featuring fall/winter 2012 ready-to-wear. This week, I will be sprinkling in some posts featuring my favorite designers' shows (you can see all the collections at Style.com). Don't worry though, I will still have my regular photography posts, too! 

Last night, I kept thinking about the reds, mauves, and pinks of Diane Von Furstenberg's collection. So right for Valentine's, but not mushy or over the top either. She described her vision as "seduction" and "glamorous at a moment's notice."
Gorgeous dresses. Paired with lovely gloves, simple heels, slick hair.
This simple dress is phenomenal, easily customized/accessorized, and even reads more Spring 2012 than Fall. Wouldn't be surprised to see it sooner rather than later...
While DVF's collection was punctuated by vivid colors, I was not as pleased by some of the other combinations she played with (such as a deep fuchsia with lime green and a raspberry with bright mustard-y lemon). But, in neutral prints, she also showed fun, elevated pieces. 
And here's Ms. Furstenberg herself in my ideal Valentine's Day outfit. Bright, confident, sophisticated.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


All photos from Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment